As faithful Facebook fans will recall, TRB recently posted a link to a scrumptious Strawberry Tiramisu recipe from Bon Appetit magazine. In true TRB fashion, she’s turned this one into a Quick and Easy recipe for her “sweetly-challenged” followers with a few minor modifications. Now that Summer 2010 is officially here, you’ll want to take this dessert along to your next barbeque.
14 lady finger biscuits (such as Ferrara’s)
1 1/2 lb mascarpone cheese (such as Bel Gioso)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup strawberry preserves
3 tbsp Cointreau liquor
3 tbsp orange juice
6-10 large strawberries, hulled and sliced
1. Mix the strawberry preserves, Cointreau and orange juice in a small bowl.
2. Combine the mascarpone cheese with the powdered sugar into a spreadable mixture.
3. Using a loaf pan, spread some of the strawberry preserve mixture in the bottom.
4. Layer 7 lady fingers over the strawberry preserve mixture. Next, place some of the preserve mixture over the lady fingers. Top with a layer of mascarpone cheese. Arrange sliced strawberries on top of mascarpone. Repeat the layers, ending with strawberries on top.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
Did you try this recipe? Post a comment.