So, as I’m sure you’ve noticed, TRB has been taking it easy in the summer heat, frequenting the cupcake trucks of NYC just to get a quick fix. But with the impending departure of a beloved summer intern — who begged TRB to bake something before she leaves for school — it seemed that some “Choco-tastic” Brownies were in order.
3 1/2 cups (20 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips (TRB prefers Ghirardelli)
1 stick unsalted butter
1 1/2 tbsp. instant coffee powder
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt (TRB prefers Kosher)
1 cup plus 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13×9 baking sheet with aluminum foil; spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Melt the chocolate chips and butter in a saucepan. Add vanilla and instant coffee powder. Let cool for 15 minutes.
3. Measure flour, salt, baking powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
4. Combine eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Add chocolate mixture slowly to temper – you do not want scrambled eggs. Add flour mixture and combine.
5. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
6. Let cool for at least 30 minutes. Cut into squares.
Did you try this recipe? Post a comment.
these were soooo good
Why, thank you!! ;)
Yes i personally tried these outstanding cookies ,they were moist ,chewy ,yet not heavy.My compliments to the baker .Thanks Richard Michael