Well, if you’ve been keeping up with TRB over the past few days and weeks, you know that Holiday Cookie Baking is in full swing. TRB prepped two doughs last night — a triple batch of the Chocolate Crackles and a double dose of Snickerdoodles. And, at 10am ET tomorrow, the baking officially begins.
To keep the ball rolling (pun intended), here’s Cookie recipe #4 — a favorite of TRB‘s (and many other recipients of the cookie trays) for years and years. The funny part is their name — TRB‘s cousin has affectionately named them “Pipchicks.” Although, the reason isn’t clear, you’ll surely agree that they deserve a place on your Holiday Cookie Baking list — no matter what you call them.
Pecan Balls (aka Pipchicks)
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
1 tsp salt
2 cups flour
2 cups finely chopped pecans
Confectioner’s sugar (for rolling)
1. Cream butter with salt and vanilla.
2. Gradually add 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar and mix well.
3. Add flour and chopped nuts to dough.
4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Shape dough into balls and place 1 inch apart on non-stick cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350 degrees until light brown, 10-13 minutes, depending on size of cookie.
7. Remove hot cookies from pan and roll in extra confectioner’s sugar.
Did you try this recipe? Post a comment.